In late 2012, CMHA Peel Dufferin recruited members for our first ever Consumer Council. We are tremendously excited about this new opportunity to inform our services development with the advice of this highly skilled group of individuals who can speak at an experiential level to how best provide our services.
Purpose of Consumer Council
- To support quality and consistency across the Canadian Mental Health Association Peel Dufferin’s programmes and services, e.g. to provide input into the process and analysis of CMHA Peel Dufferin’s client survey
- To identify, discuss and address issues of common concern and avoid unnecessary duplication of efforts/intentions, e.g. support a priority identified in CMHA Peel Dufferin’s strategic plan
- To facilitate access to support and resources for consumers that are available from CMHA Peel Dufferin and other Central West LHIN organizations
- To exchange ideas, strengthen skills and share best practices of our council, to support the development of interested consumers
- To celebrate improvements and goals achieved within the mental health field in particular raising awareness of the valuable role of consumers
Contact email@example.com for more information and how to be a member.