CMHA Peel Dufferin offers support to those that are concerned about someone’s mental health and substance use issues.
Who could benefit?
Family members struggling to understand and cope with the complexities of their loved ones mental health illness and/or substance abuse and who reside within the communities of the Central West LHIN.
Why Someone Might Choose Family Support
- Identify and understand your own ability to cope and support your loved one in their recovery journey
- To explore family’s personal beliefs, values, and knowledge about loved one’s illness
- To receive short-term counselling individually or with loved one involved
- To identify family strengths, needs, and awareness around caregiver burnout and self-care
- To access support groups and workshops
What Brief Counselling is Not:
• It is not long-term counselling
• Long-term therapy may be needed for long- standing concerns (i.e., complex trauma, abuse, or eating disorder)
How to Access Support
A person, concerned family member, and/or a service provider can contact CMHA Peel Dufferin’s Central Intake at 905-451-2123.
Translation services can be provided!
You can also walk-in for more information:
314 – 7700 Hurontario Street,
Brampton, ON, L6Y 4M3
Access: Intake, Information, Referrals