Impact provides youth with substance abuse education and harm reduction strategies in individual and group settings. Support is also offered to connect youth to community resources.
What is Impact?
Impact offers a positive group setting for youth to practice life and social skill development, including substance abuse education and harm reduction skills and strategies. Individual, community-based supportive counselling is also offered to assit youth in reaching their recovery goals.
Who can benefit?
Anyone 12 – 18 years old, who experiences difficulties at home, school or in the community as a result of substance use and/or mental concerns. Impact serves residents of Brampton, Caledon and Malton.
What are the major benefits?
- Opportunities for youth to discuss substance use and coping strategies with peers in confidential, engaging and non-judgmental environment.
- A safe place to learn and practice skills that can positively impact family.
- Individual support to develop and achieve personal recovery goals.
- Connection to information and services in the community for youth and their families.
- Service in safe and convenient locations, including homes, community settings and our program locations.
How to reach us?
Interested individuals can contact CMHA Peel Dufferin for referrals or more information:
314 – 7700 Hurontario Street
Brampton ON L6Y 4M3
Monday-Friday: 9am – 5pm
Phone: 905 451 2123 Fax: 905 451 1720