An assessment and treatment program for Dufferin seniors who are experiencing age related cognitive decline due to dementia, depression, delirium or pharmacological reasons.
Who can benefit?
Anyone experiencing age-related cognitive decline.
What are the major benefits?
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment based on a biopsychosocial approach and utilizes P.I.E.C.E.S framework. P.I.E.C.E.S includes a medical/mental health history and cognitive and mood screening.
- Assessment tools include:
- Mini Mental Status Exam (MMSE)
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA)
- Clock test
- Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS) or Cornell Scale for Depression
How to reach us?
Referrals are received from
- Primary care physicians
- Community partners like CCAC, Community Paramedicine
- Headwaters Hospital Geriatric Emergency Medicine (GEM) nurse.