Youth Net is a “by youth for youth” program that generates mental health awareness, promotes resiliency and connects youth to information and services.
What is Youth Net?
Youth Net offers community-based, youth-run services to support youth empowerment, awareness and access to mental health services.
Who can benefit?
Anyone 12-20 years old who resides in Peel Region.
What are the major benefits?
- Peer Support and Focus Groups – providing opportunities for youth to discuss mental health, stress and coping strategies with peers in a confidential, open and non-judgemental environment.
- Information, referral and short-term support to youth experiencing mental health concerns.
- Workshop Series – building awareness, strengths and coping skills through creativity or discussion, including Guys Talk and Girls Talk groups.
- Presentations and community Displays – sharing information about mental health and related services, including mental health concerns such as: mental illness and youth, eating disorders and stress.
- Service in safe and convenient locations, including schools, community agencies and youth groups.
How to reach us?
Interested individuals can contact CMHA Peel Dufferin for referrals or more information: