The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) is a client centred; recover oriented mental health service who offers a broad range of intensive community supports to individuals experiencing serious mental health concerns and their families, in order to reach their recovery goals.
What is the Assertive Community Treatment Team?
The ACT Team is a multi-disciplinary team that includes addictions, vocational and peer support, nurses, support workers, a social worker, and psychiatrists. Team members provide individual and family assistance, as well as advocacy around accessing community resources and services, to individuals experiencing serious mental health concerns.
Who can benefit?
Anyone 16 years of age and over who experiences mental health concerns and complex service needs, and who has found it difficult to engage with other mental health services. The ACT Team serves residents of Malton, Bolton, and Brampton east of Hwy. 410.
What are the major benefits?
- Intensive, individualized support around personal growth and recovery goals.
- Long term support and advocacy around mental and physical health and wellness, life skills,addictions, education and employment, housing and social supports.
- Psychiatric assessments, administering and monitoring medications and psychoeducation.
- Individual and family support, including access to group programs such as: peer support, fitness promotion, social recreation, and family support.
- Access to services in locations where clients need them: at home or work, and in other community or institutional settings.
- Connections to the broader community through volunteering, social or recreational activities and continuing education.
How to reach us?
Interested individuals can contact CMHA Peel Dufferin for referrals or more information:
Canadian Mental Health Association Peel Dufferin is one of three providers of ACT Teams in the Peel Region of ACT teams. Working in partnership with these providers to establish service catchment areas, CMHA’s team is responsible for clients in the north-east part of Peel Region. In the city of Brampton, the area is bounded by Hwy. 50 to the east, Hwy. 410 to the west, just south of Hwy. 407 to the south and Mayfield Road to the north. CMHA Peel ACT also is responsible for clients living in the town of Bolton, and Malton. Click here to view a map outlining which ACT team covers which area.
For information about the Ontario ACT Association’s Program Standards, please visit their website: http://www.ontarioacttassociation.com/ontario_standards
Portions of the above text are taken from the Ontario ACT Association’s website, Program Standards: http://www.ontarioacttassociation.com/ontario_standards