McEvenue Home Works provides financial assistance to individuals living with mental health concerns who experiencing a housing crisis and have exhausted all other financial options.
What is McEvenue Home Works?
McEvenue Home Works was established partially through a bequest to CMHA Peel Dufferin. It provides financial support to eligible individuals to help them ensure a safe, healthy home and/or to maintain their current housing.
Who can benefit?
- Are 16 years of age and over and experience mental concerns.
- Have legal status in Canada and reside/are remaining in Peel.
- May or may not be associated with CMHA Peel Dufferin.
- Have exhausted all other options of financial support.
What are the benefits?
- Assistance with first and last month’s rent or bridge-funds to cover rent, utilities or mortgage payments due to illness, hospitalization or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Funds for repairs to damaged rental units to preserve status as a tenant in good standing and to maintain a healthy and safe living environment.
- Start up funds for purchase of new and/or replacement furnishings that are required to maintain a healthy and safe living environment.
- Assistance with furniture replacement and laundry costs due to damage caused by bedbugs.
How to reach us?
Interested individuals can contact CMHA Peel Dufferin for referral or more information:
314 -7700 Hurontario Street
Brampton ON L6Y 4M3
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tel: 905- 451 2123 Fax: 905-451-1720