The Rapid Access Addiction Medicine Clinic (RAAM Clinic) provides low-barrier immediate access and care. The clinic is accessible without appointments or medical referrals. The RAAM Clinic staff will share with you all possible substance use management strategies including medications and psychosocial interventions to ensure a holistic approach.
The RAAM Clinic model is very flexible and can be adjusted to suit a variety of contexts.
- Low-barrier – We understand that clients with substance use disorders are often struggling with multiple health and social challenges. Our clinics are open to anyone who wants help addressing their substance use.
- Walk-in – Rapid Access Addiction Medicine Clinics see clients without referrals or booked appointments. Clients are seen on a walk-in basis during specified hours. The walk-in model gives clients the flexibility to attend when they are able to, without the pressure of having to make and keep a scheduled appointment. 9am to noon.
- Client-centred – There is no single approach to substance use disorder treatment; different types of care work for different clients. The RAAM Clinic model is intended to give each client a voice in their own care, allowing them to set their own goals and co-develop a treatment plan with the clinician. The role of the clinician is to give the client a range of options (including harm reduction advice, counselling, and referrals to psychosocial treatments) and help them decide what would work best for them. Once the clients are stable, they are transferred to a primary care provider for long-term management.
Services at the Rapid Access Addiction Medicine Clinic are provided by multidisciplinary team including nurse practitioners and concurrent disorder specialists who provide counselling and links to community services. We also have access to psychiatry and pharmacy for consultation.
The RAAM Clinic is intended to be part of an integrated addiction care pathway. Because individuals with substance use disorders access treatment in several settings (emergency departments, hospital inpatient wards, withdrawal management, community, primary care), clinicians in all of these settings can give interested individuals the relevant information and people may also self-refer to the clinic, and do not need a referral from a doctor or primary care provider.
SERVICES THE RAAM CLINIC PROVIDES:
- Diagnose substance use disorders and concurrent mental health disorders
- Initiates pharmacotherapy when indicated:
- Alcohol use disorders: naltrexone, acamprosate, gabapentin, disulfiram:
- Opioid use disorders: buprenorphine/ naloxone
- Provides harm reduction interventions and advice
- Overdose prevention guidance
- Provides brief solution-focused counselling
- Provides trauma-informed care
- Makes appropriate links to community services for addiction, psychosocial, and social services
- Link clients back to primary care when stable and connects clients to primary care providers if unattached
- Educates and supports health service providers with information about addiction treatment
- Provides advice and support to primary care physicians who have referred patients
|REXDALE / Mondays||Rexdale Community Hub 15-21 Panorama Crt., Toronto, ON M9V 4E3 (Closed until further notice)|
|BRAMALEA / Tuesdays||William G. Davis Centre for Families 60 West Dr., Unit 102, Brampton, ON L6T 3T6|
|BOLTON / Wednesdays
MISSISSAUGA / Wednesdays
|Goodfellow Professional Centre 170 McEwan Drive, Suite 211, Bolton, ON L7E 2Y3 (Closed until further notice) Peel Youth Village 99 Acorn Place, Mississauga, ON L4Z 4E2 (Closed until further notice)|
|DUFFERIN / Thursdays
MISSISSAUGA / Thursdays
|CMHA Peel Dufferin Office 1 Elizabeth St., Unit L-2, Orangeville, ON L9W 7N7 Peel Addiction Assessment and Referral Centre (PAARC) 6-2283 Argentia Road, Mississauga, ON L5N 2X7 (Closed until further notice)|
|BRAMPTON / Fridays||Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness 20 Lynch St., Level 3, Brampton, ON L6W 2Z8 (Location change until April 2, 2020 to William G. Davis Centre for Families 60 West Dr., Unit 102, Brampton, ON L6T 3T6)|