CMHA Peel Dufferin offers support to those that are concerned about someone’s mental health and substance use issues.
Who could benefit?
Family members struggling to understand and cope with the complexities of their loved ones mental health illness and/or substance abuse and who reside within the communities of the Central West LHIN.
Why Someone Might Choose Family Support
- Identify and understand your own ability to cope and support your loved one in their recovery journey
- To explore family’s personal beliefs, values, and knowledge about loved one’s illness
- To receive short-term counselling individually or with loved one involved
- To identify family strengths, needs, and awareness around caregiver burnout and self-care
- To access support groups and workshops
What Brief Counselling is Not:
• It is not long-term counselling
• Long-term therapy may be needed for long- standing concerns (i.e., complex trauma, abuse, or eating disorder)
How to Access Support
A person, concerned family member, and/or a service provider can contact CMHA Peel Dufferin’s Central Intake at 905-451-2123.
Translation services can be provided!
Family Support Services
Supporting Family Caregivers – A 90-minute Information Webinar
(videoconference, on your phone or computer)
For families, caretakers or friends who have a loved one with a mental illness, mental health and/or substance use challenges.
The goal of this webinar is to equip families with suggestions on how to help them care for themselves and their loved one. Information provided will be on how to navigate the health care system, and how to access supports and community resources.
Please call to register: Call Triage at (905) 451-2123, ext. 3.
June 1, July 28, September 28, November 30.