You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Apr 5, 2018
Supported Housing offers permanent housing, and supports individuals experiencing mental health concerns to lead fulfilling, satisfying lives within their community.
What is Supported Housing?
Supported Housing offers intensive community-based supportive counselling and advocacy to assist individuals in securing and maintaining permanent, safe housing and to reach their recovery goals. This program is run in partnership with SHIP and other community partners.
Who can benefit?
Anyone 16 years of age and over who experiences mental health concerns, and who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless. Supported Housing serves residents of Peel Region.
What are the major benefits?
- Intensive, individualized mental health support around personal growth and recovery.
- Rent supplements to secure safe, permanent housing.
- Support and strategies for successful independent living.
- Advocacy and assistance with mental and physical health and wellness, housing, addictions, education and employment, life skills and social supports.
- Connections to the boarder community through volunteering, social or recreational activities, and continuing education.
- Access to group programs such as: peer support, fitness promotion, social recreation, and family support.
- Service in safe and convenient locations, including homes, community settings, and our program locations.
How to reach us?
Interested individuals can contact CMHA Peel for referrals or more information:
Access: Intake, Information, Referrals
314 -7700 Hurontario Street
Brampton ON L6Y 4M3
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm